Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 11 of Midterm

This week I was placed in charge of completely finishing the Cemetery of Addition along with all of the mechanics that are going to be in it. Which are the puzzles and boss encounters that were going to have in it. Besides that I also had to create a Intro movie so that the player would know what is going on like most beginning of games do, they also have this in movies it is just a brief explanation of the setting.

I faced two major hurdles when completing both of these tasks. One of these hurdles that I had to face this week was one of the most difficult and annoying things I had to deal with for the entire project. On Friday of last week my flash drive that had all my work on got corrupted and I lost all of any progress I made for the week. So for this class and my other class GSP 340 all my work was gone. It was really annoying because I had started the Intro on Wednesday and by Thursday I had about half of it done. Then when I checked on Friday It wouldn't read my flash drive until I was able to get it to work some time latter in the day. That is when I saw that all of my textures and models were replaced with strange symbols and were around 500MB each. My entire folder got corrupted and it was 1TB big and my flash drive only is 4GB's. Thankfully I had a copy of a previous version of the Addition level but as for my Intro it was completely gone so I had to start that from scratch. It took me the rest of that Friday and all of Saturday to catch-up with what I had before everything got corrupted. I had to wake up early on Sunday and work until five in the afternoon to complete the addition level then I took a one hour break and started working on the Intro until ten at night which after I fell asleep and I have been working on the Intro ever since every time I get a chance in between other assignments.

I mentioned in last weeks blog that we outlined the Intro. The only theme I had to work around was fairly broad which was "Cartoony".Most of the scenes are animated in some way but there is no simple way to get the animations to look nice enough to present. I will give a short explanation of what the scene is going to be mentioning.


First Scene - Second Scene

The first scene is just going to tell the player that there located in a place were number live. The second scene is where there are told that the land is beautiful.

Third Scene - Fourth Scene

The third scene will say that people still enjoy jousting as a past time so it will set the time. The fourth will mention that there is a king ruling over the location and this will transition towards the main enemy.

Fifth Scene - Sixth Scene

The fifth scene we wanted to introduce the main enemy and explain why he is bad and that the player should stop him. The sixth scene is just some comedic relief that we added for the kids and to have a short laugh.

Seventh Scene - Eight Scene

The seventh scene we wanted to introduce the enemies and that this will not just be a one on one. We decided to add Uno and Esa all the way until scene eight because we wanted to have that mysterious Hero feel to Uno.

Ninght Scene

The Final Scene was when Ten beats Uno up and Takes Esa we waitied until the end to take Esa away from Uno because we wanted the player to say 'Oh, he took Esa away I need to get him' The player would feel this way because we made Ten to be the bad guy by explaining his story the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment