Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 4 of Midterm

This week I was placed in charge of getting the Sword of Subtraction to work completely, that means to import, ,code the weapon, and get Uno to hold and play the animation of him swinging the sword. A small problem I was encountering was that when I 'shot' the game doesn't have a delay. So for example if your close to a enemy and attack the enemy would die before the sword would be drawn back. I'm sure that I need to add a simple delay somewhere in the code, but for simple testing this will work. This coming week we will get mesh-swapping to work. Mesh-swapping is when you have something there and when you do something else in the game it would cause the object to change to something else.

When making the enemy attack I had to create it's own custom weapon. The code is similar to to the Sword of Subtraction the only significant different would be the damage and that it has no mesh so it's invisible. One problem that I'm having with it is that the AI thinking that the weapon has range so it stands at the edge of the default distance and doesn't cross it only walks to it.



Something else that I was able to do it to get the jumping animation complete and working in UDK. I also have the rolling animation in but not working. I feel like the rolling is going to be difficult to get working correctly. Something that I found a little strange when I was making the jumping animation is that you have to have four animations for jumping. One for going 'up', another for 'down', another for something called 'preland', and finally 'land.' When I originally made the jump animation it was just a single hop, but after I found out that there are all these stages I had to improvise and added more animations in-between each other.

(The little white thing is so that you can see where the sword of subtraction would go because Uno doesn't have any arms or hands.)

(Left is Up, Right is Down)
(Left is Preland, Right is Land)
(This one is all of them)

(This is the complete Roll animation)

No comments:

Post a Comment