Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 2 of Midterm

This week I was Placed in charge of putting the Uno model, and enemies 1, 2, and 3. The only hard thing I had to do this week was to edit a script so that I can play as Uno and not the character that comes with the engine. This was simple I even memorised the steps of doing this. We ran into three hiccups that I seen other groups also run into. The first one is that even though Uno imported perfectly and so did his animations when I get to "Play" as Uno he just stands perfectly still. The code is fine and running perfectly I might have just gone wrong in some other part of the process or steps. The second hiccup was that the Uno model is floating in the sky, at first glance this looks like it has something to do with the pivot points on the model but I double checked that and even had to remodel parts of Uno, but the problem still exists. The third problem is that when I import the enemy models and bring there textures with them they don't get applied correctly. This might happen because the way the engine renames the textures for you. Here are some images of the animations we will be testing with Uno's.


(The little white thing is so that you can see where the sword of subtraction would go because Uno doesn't have any arms or hands.)

(This will be the running animation we will be testing, but there are plans for later to add a walking animation also.)

7/24/12 8:45 P.M Edit: I'd like to just make a quick update I've resolved all my issues and everything works perfectly. This week I will try to get working on making more animations other than just running, but that is up to my team to decide tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment