Monday, June 11, 2012

Week6 Season B

This week in Artificial Intelligence we just had review because we had a project due, but in my 3D's Max class we got into our groups to create the game trailer. We are going to be working on this game trailer for the next week.

In my 3D's Max class I learned how to add cel-shading to my models, although I'm not sure if it can be imported since it is something to do with 3D's Max's Material Editor. The Process is very simple and the result is great I will post a simple tutorial on how to add cel-shading at the end of this blog along with all the meshes I had to do this week. I also learned how to create alpha channels. Alpha channels is when you make a texture and are able to see through it. Most of people use alpha channels to make this like hair, tree leaves, etc. You also don't need to have it be completely transparent it can be slightly. For example, if you want to make glass you will just create a alpha layer channel that isn't to intense. There is only one slight problem that I have encountered, when you apply the texture, render it, and there is a pure black background you see a slight feather around the border. I believe this happens because the texture gets stretched out and so do the pixels. That was it for this week, other than working on a plan for my group we didn't do much for learning new this other than the two things I explained.

(Cel-Shading Tutorial a basic understanding of how to apply texture should be know)


(On some of the Meshes you will notice that you can see the bottom of it, this is because they have some parts that it's transparent, other the lighting is strange and you can notice the difference in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment