Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 3 of Session Spring B

This week was also just review of what I already know for my #D's max class. However, In my AI class I was able to get a seek, flee, arrive, and wander algorithm working.

For my AI class we just learned about singleton classes. Singleton classes is to put it simple a master AI that tells all the other agents what to do. For example if your going to be doing a game that you need to hide and there guards looking for you, you will want to set two things. First you have to set up the way points for each agent then set a singleton class if one of the agents finds you and have them all look for you, but you still need to have them make sure there not walking into any walls or objects. So your going to have to always check if the agent is colliding into something but not have the singleton class (Master AI) check for it because if one of the agents is hitting a wall all the other agents will think there hitting it as well.

In my 3D's max class we just went over how to create a simple box man and how to rig it. When you rig something that means that your inputting the "skeleton" to the model so that you can animate it. We also learned how to import a model or object to the Unreal Development Kit. I also learned how to this about 2 or 3 months ago so it was just review for me. On my current assignment we have to import 5 different models that we created make sure they have collision . I already have two from last week and the professor said that it was ok to use those but we need to make sure they all have collision and at least have a general theme that would make sense. An example he used was that don't have a tea kettle surrounded by mountains on all sides.

Here are the new models I made. I also included how it would look like in the Game Engine UDK. The Slight Grey is the Collision and doesn't show in the Game.


No comments:

Post a Comment